Thursday, February 24, 2011

A picture's worth eight or nine balloons

I've been a Flickr user since late 2004, well before I started with Facebook or Twitter. I have almost 10,000 photos stored there. I'm a little paranoid about pictures. I keep two copies locally, a copy on Flickr and a copy in the cloud, currently using Mozy.

100_0054

The "pizza in Chicago" search was my addition to this week's lesson, because it was the first thing that came to mind, even before hearing that Giordano's was filing for bankruptcy.

A lot of people this week have noted that they often use Google Image Search to find photos, but were surprised to discover how much better the images on Flickr are. My bonus lesson for those folks has been to suggest searching Google images using the "site:flickr.com" parameter. You get the best quality pictures with all of the other search parameters that Google provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment